Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Leben der Anderen, Das a.k.a. Lives of Others



2007 Academy award winner for Best foreign film...
The story is about strict surveillance executed in East Germany before the collapse of Berlin wall.
About how one of the officer who was to listen, transcript every movement of a writer begins to admire the writer as he sees the "system" he believes in is being misused by the few powerful.
Wont say more about the story. As the movie roles on, for me it actually allows me to think through, feel and own the acts of the characters, like I am in their skin in their story.
Viewing the whole movie I cant think of even one frame or word or expression being better or different, it is so finely done.

One thumb rule I am beginning to follow is, "Most Academy award winners for Best foreign film are a must-see!"

2 comments:

Narendra said...

I do agree on the thumbrule which you mentioned..and also these movies are really better than the oscar winners for the best picture..

Pallavi Damera said...

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!